Home

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Organ

George Stevens, Maker, East Cambridge, MA, 1847

The Shirley Meeting House organ was built in 1847 by George Stevens of Cambridge, Massachusetts. While not a style leader, the workmanship of his organs was exquisite and they were constructed of fine materials. Several of his organs still survive in an almost completely original state. This little organ, a gift of Mrs. Henrietta Whitney in 1847, is one of those. Read more.......

Instructions for playing the organ

Stop List  

 

 

 

Sound Clips:

Variations on Adeste Fidelis
Raynor Taylor, composer

Noёl, Les Anges dans nos campagnes

Léon Roques, composer
Marian Ruhl Metson, organist
Raven Compact Discs
Christmas Rhapsody

 

 


For use of The Shirley Meeting House please contact Holly Haase
E-mail: info@shirleymeetinghouse.org
Telephone:
978-425-2600, ext. 211


Shirley's Historic Meetinghouse
Email: info@shirleymeetinghouse.org
Site design:
Jayne West/Webley West Designs
Home